Curried Tofu Salad a tasty filling ideal for everything from collard greens to wraps to bread to rolls, and we would know because we tried it each of those ways. We came up with this recipe after making an egg salad replacement using tofu. We gave it a Veginspired twist by baking the tofu, yes you read that correctly. The baked tofu paired with the curry powder provides an excellent flavor and texture, perfect for your next lunch or picnic.
It’s your lucky day, because not only is the recipe available here, but we also have a how-to video so you can get this recipe perfect the first time you make it. Enjoy our Curried Tofu Salad.
Curried Tofu Salad
- 2 blocks of firm tofu, sliced into planks
- 1/4 c chopped cashews
- 1-2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 c carrot, minced – about 2 carrots
- 3/4 c vegan mayo
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 T dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place tofu slices on parchment lined baking sheet, season both sides with salt and pepper
- Bake tofu for 15- 20 minutes, flip, and back for an additional 15-20 minutes
- Set tofu aside to cool.
- Chopped cooled tofu into cubes
- Mash half of cubed tofu with potato masher
- Add remaining tofu, cashews, scallions, carrot, mayo, curry, dijon, sprinkle of turmeric and mix well
- Salt and pepper to taste, mix gently.
- We ate ours in a whole wheat wrap in the video with spinach.
- Serve and Enjoy!
We hope this recipe inspires you to eat more plants. Be sure to snap a pic and share on social media and tag us @veginspired #veginspiredfoodie.