Italian Pasta and Greens Bowl
This is the week of bowls in the VegInspired kitchen. This Italian Pasta and Greens Bowl was an impromptu idea, but it turned out deliciously, wonderful! It’s quick, easy, vegan, and served with bread!!! All of my favorite things. 🙂
- Your favorite pasta sauce
- Your favorite pasta noodle
- Prep according to package directions
- Mix sauce and pasta with half of the browned sausage from below.
Beans and Greens
Just like dad used to make... only veganized!
- Vegan Italian Sausage sliced (we used Field Roast)
- 1 bunch of chard sliced into strips
- 1 can of white beans we used Great Northern Beans
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel
- Pinch of red pepper flakes or more if you like it spicy
Pinch of red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat
Brown sausage, set aside
In the same skillet, toast/sauté fennel and pepper flakes briefly
Add beans and their juice
Cover and cook on medium until the chard is tender, reduce heat as needed
Add back 1/2 the sausage (the other1/2 is mixed with pasta)
Salt and paper to taste
Build your Bowl
In a bowl, place a serving of beans and greens and a serving of pasta. Serve with crusty Italian bread (we love to grab the take and bake bread from Whole Foods and bake it fresh at home).
We hope you enjoy this unique combination.