4 Easy Vegan Taco, Fajita, Burrito, and Bowl Toppings
When we adopted a vegan lifestyle over five years ago tacos were our go to. Easy to amp up the flavor and once we perfected our taco filling, they were an easy and delicious weeknight meal.
As the years passed we started making toppings for our tacos, fajitas, burritos and bowls and quickly realized that they created the perfect compilation for taco bars or fajita nights. Paired with our easy tofu and veggie fajitas or atop your taco rice bowl (or the potato bowl that is a bonus recipe at the end of our video… click the link below) you have the perfect balance of flavors that come together quickly for your weeknight meal or a football Sunday party!
Radishes, Pico, & Guac – oh my!
And a tasty AF chipotle crema rounds out this foursome of amazing vegan taco toppings. Watch us make all four in this video and snag a bonus recipe at the end!
The Vegan Taco Toppings
- 1/2 - 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 -1/2 cup onions, diced, rinse diced onions before adding to dish
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely diced, *to taste really - we remove seeds and ribs to keep heat down
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- lime juice
- kosher salt
** This recipe is more about ratios and taste. When in doubt, add ingredients to taste (and if you love onions add more - get creative!).
- Mix all ingredients, add juice from 1-2 limes and salt to taste. The lime juice should brighten the dish, not drown your ingredients. The salt helps to bring out the flavors and natural water from the veggies
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Cashew Chipotle Crema
Cashew Chipotle Crema
Creamy and spicy, this rich and savory crema is sure to add pizazz to your tacos and bowls!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews ((soak if not using high efficiency blender))
- 1/2 chipotle in adobo ((to taste, add more for spicier creama))
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1/3-1/2 cup water (to desired consistency )
Blend all ingredients in blender. We start with about 1/3 cup of water and add water to desired consistency. There are various factors and some instances may call for a thicker crema. Blend for about 30-45 seconds until creamy and well mixed.
This blend of avocados, garlic, lime juice, cumin, and cilantro is the perfect base to your guacamole. Serve it like this or jazz it up with your fave ingredients
- 1 garlic clove (* If using a bowl and fork – mince garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (*If using a bowl and fork – use ground cumin)
- 3 avocados
- lime juice (to taste)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- kosher salt (to taste)
In molcajete (or you can use a bowl and fork) add garlic clove and cumin seed and mash into a paste
Add 2 of the 3 avocados and mash, chop third avocado and stir in to avocado mash, leaving chunky
Add lime juice (about 1 juicy lime to 3 avocados)
Add salt to taste
Stir in chopped cilantro
But where can we use these
We add these toppings to
- veggie and tofu fajitas
- rice bowls with tacos or tofu
- potato bowls
- tofu scramble
- burritos or burrito bowls
- … the options are endless.
Let us know in the comments what you are going to serve these alongside. We can’t wait to see you’re creations. And don’t forget to snap a pic and tag us on Instagram or Facebook @veginspired #veginspiredfoodie
Until Next Time,
Eat More Plants & Live VegInspired!