When summer hits, I am all about hot dogs, burgers, bbq, and picnic food (all vegan of course). So when John suggested Avocado Rolls, I jumped with joy! Avocado Rolls would probably not be a recipe I would leave out in the sun at a backyard picnic or bbq, but enjoying it on a hot summer afternoon with a glass of hibiscus tea was perfection!
You can view this recipe on the VegInspired YouTube Channel as well! Happy Eating!
What makes this recipe especially delicious is the chunkiness of the avocado and the creaminess of the mayo (or plant based aioli). We loved the little crunchies of the carrots, celery, and scallions. I think anything with avocados is a win, am I right?
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped into large chunks
- 2 T vegan mayo , (or our Cashew Garlic Aioli -see below)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small to medium carrot, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 T finely diced celery
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- Mixed greens
- Vegan hot dog rolls, (or a whole wheat pita would work for a WFPB substitute).
- Toss avocado with lemon juice; add the rest of ingredients and fold gently to keep the avocado whole.
- Serve on a toasted hot dog roll with mixed greens, topped with a sprinkle of celery seed and smoked paprika
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
We hope you enjoy these yummy sandwiches as much as we do! This was a scrumptious recipe and quick and easy to make! Share your pics on social media using #veginspiredfoodie
What variations did you make? Let us know in the comments below.
Eat More Plants!