Broccoli, such a healthy cruciferous vegetable but it is one of those vegetables that I love to dislike. I eat it (and enjoy it) steamed, raw with a dip, or mixed in a stir-fry. However, when The VegInspired Chef proposes broccoli with a meal or as an ingredient, I instinctively wrinkle up my nose, for reasons of which I am not aware (perhaps a hidden memory of dining hall limp, overcooked broccoli?). I don’t know where my “dislike” stems from (pun intended), but it is there, and it is an obstacle this #eatmoreplants gal overcomes often, especially when we create such scrumptious, healthy recipes like this Broccoli Slaw- vegan, plant-based. Here we have a creamy slaw to eat alone or use as a delish topping for rice and spinach.
- 1 bunch of broccoli, shredded (we used our food processor*)
- 1-2 large carrots, shredded (again, food processor*)
- 1/4 C golden raisins
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained (save the aquafaba- chickpea juice) and rinsed
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T white wine vinegar
- 2 T tahini
- juice from 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 T agave nectar
- aquafaba - chickpea juice
- Whisk mustard, vinegar, tahini, lemon juice, and agave
- Drizzle and whisk aquafaba to thin dressing to desired consistency
- Toss shredded broccoli, carrots, chickpeas, and raisin in dressing
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
We enjoyed our broccoli slaw over rice nestled on a bed of spinach. It was perfect! We hope you enjoy this CSA inspired recipe. Share how you enjoy this Broccoli Slaw on social media using #veginspiredfoodie or mention below in the comments.
Eat More Plants & Live VegInspired!