We’ve been trying to think of ideas for all of this basil we’ve been getting from our CSA lately. After a couple of batches of pesto in recent weeks (made with basil, garlic scapes, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, and water), we tried something new; a chickpea, bell pepper, & pesto wrap. It was pretty good and was a fresh compliment to our baked sweet potato fries.
- 2 14 oz cans chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 3 cups fresh basil, 1 bunch
- 2 garlic scapes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Tomato, sliced
- Process basil and garlic scapes in a food processor until finely minced.
- Add bell pepper, pine nuts, and scallions. Pulse until chopped fine.
- Mix the basil & pepper mixture with the chickpeas and add several splashes of vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve in flour tortillas with lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This easy summer dinner was great! Tag us on Instagram @veginspired and use the #veginspiredfoodie
Kathy and John