Easy and delicious, these Chocolate Mocha Oat Cookies are vegan and very simple to make. We fell in love with this recipe on The Vegan Roadie’s Instagram. For our recipe, we modified the nut/seed butter and the add-ins to create a delicious breakfast inspired cookie that pairs perfectly with your cup of tea or coffee in the morning (I mean, you could enjoy it anytime though, no judgment). Not a cookie fan? Check out these sweet treat recipes: Maple Pecan Nice Cream,
The Walnut Butter
We really enjoy the unique and flavorful walnut butter from Crazy Go Nuts. We used the Espresso Chocolate Walnut Butter in this recipe. Next time we are going to try the Banana Walnut Butter and add in walnuts and chocolate chips for a little pizazz!
This recipe is full of rockstar nutritional ingredients: Organic Rolled Oats*, Hemp Hearts, Walnut Butter (use code “veginspired” for 20% off your order), and Tahini. Packed full of healthy ingredients, these cookies are a plant based winner! *Bob’s Red Mill has a
Chocolate Mocha Oat Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons Chocolate Espresso Walnut Butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or convection oven to 325 degrees)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon sized mounds of cookie mixture on to parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool (hardest step) for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Prefer to Watch the Oat Cookie Recipe?
Vegan Oat Cookies FTW
We have made several variations of these oat cookies, and I suspect you will too. We’d love to hear about your flavor combinations, so drop a comment below. You can also let us know by commenting or tagging us on Instagram and Facebook. We are very social and enjoy reading and seeing your remakes! #veginspiredfoodie
Enjoy this recipe and be sure to Eat More Plants!