Olé! Who is ready for Cinco de Mayo?? The day observed to commemorate the defeat of the French forces at the Battle of Puebla by the Mexican Army. But really, for Americans, we respectfully celebrate the day with Margaritas, Cerveza, and Mexican-inspired dishes like these tasty Chorizo & Black Bean Nachos with Salsa and Guacamole! Is there anything better? We don’t think so! Grab your molcajete and let’s get this fiesta started!!
Chorizo & Black Bean Nachos with Salsa and Guacamole
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 chipotle in adobo minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
Basic Cashew Cheeze
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon miso
- non-dairy milk use to desired consistency
- Scallions sliced thin
- Cilantro chopped
- Tortilla Chips
- 1/2 package of Chorizo Seitan we love Upton's Naturals
- Salsa and Guacamole
- Simmer in a skillet for 10 -15 minutes. You want the flavors to have time to meld and the beans to be slightly dry.
Basic Cashew Cheeze
- In a food processor, process nuts until crumbly
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, and miso and process
- With processor running, slowly add non-dairy milk until desired consistency. Cheeze will thicken in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- On a nonstick baking dish or parchment lined pan (we used our cast iron pizza pan, and it was perfect) layer desired amount of chips - roughly 20
- Drizzle on cheese
- Sprinkle on beans
- Sprinkle on chorizo
- Add another layer of chips and repeat steps 3-6 two more times.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Serve with Salsa and Guacamole
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
We eat Mexican inspired dishes at least once a week. This tasty nacho recipe with the salsa and guacamole might just be our new go-to meal. The smoky flavor of the black beans and chorizo blended with the creamy cheeze topped with the moderate spice of the roasted salsa and the guac -OH THE GUAC! I am in love with this guac.
Please snap some pics of your Cinco de Mayo Fiestas and share your remakes of these tasty dishes! Tag us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! @veginspired #veginspiredfoodie
Off to Fiesta (or siesta?) VegInspired Style!
Kathy and John
If these nachos don’t inspire you or you want more deliciousness – click here for 5 more Cinco de Mayo Recipes (including a tasty margarita)!