One of my favorite party appetizers, pre-vegan, was Dill Bread Dip; complete with a bread bowl and chipped beef. That dip – laden with mayo, sour cream, and chipped beef – not so vegan-friendly. Well, we veganized it and, in my opinion, it tastes better! We even used the fresh dill from our CSA! This dip is oil free and low fat; so grab your favorite pumpernickel or rye bread and get dipping!
Dill Bread Dip
Creamy dip and bread... that is undoubtedly a winning combination - and it's vegan; oil-free, and DELICIOUS!
- 14 oz tofu - drained - save the liquid
- 1/2 cup cashews (if not using high efficiency blender - soak in warm water for 10-30 minutes -discard water)
- 5 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tofu liquid add water if needed
- 1/8 xantham gum
- 5 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp seasoning salt
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/4 ccup onion minced
- 1/4 ccup minced fresh dill
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1-2 loaves rye and/or pumpernickel cut into cubes for dipping
In high-efficiency blender (or food processor), blend tofu, cashews, apple cider vinegar, tofu liquid, water, and xantham gum
Transfer to a bowl and mix in herbs and spices
It is delicious right away, but letting it sit for a couple of hours intensifies the deliciousness.
Hope you enjoy this VegInspired version of our favorite appetizer! This dip pairs well with fresh veggies too! Live VegInspired!!
Share your photos on social media #veginspiredfoodie