As part of eliminating oil from our meals, we have, in turn, reduced our consumption and use of vegan butter. We found this great “no butter” sauce on Dr. McDougall’s site. It is one of our go-to recipes for pasta or all things that pair well with buttery sauce. We tossed it with some Chicken of the Woods Mushrooms from our CSA box. The hearty texture of those unique mushrooms, the spice of the tempeh bacon, and the sweetness of the peas created a well-rounded dish to please our VegInspired palates. We hope you enjoy and share our Fettucine with Peas, Tempeh Bacon, and Mushrooms [vegan, wfpb] with friends.
- 1 lb spaghetti or linguine
- 2 cup of peas
- 1 8 oz package of tempeh bacon, we use Lightlife Foods
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
Cashew Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend sauce ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth. This can be done just before serving.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook tempeh bacon and mushrooms in large skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add everything to the pasta, toss, and season with salt and pepper. Serve with nutritional yeast or homemade vegan Parmesan.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Let us know in the comments if you try another variation and be sure to snap a pic and share on social media #veginspiredfoodie
Eat more Plants!
Try some other recipes that utilize this tasty Cashew Butter Sauce