We got a few heads of cabbage from the CSA, and we had to come up with a tasty and unique way to use them. So, we decided on this creation of Indian Spiced Cabbage. It worked exceptionally well and paired nicely with rice. We hope this inspires you to be Creative! 🙂
Indian Spiced Cabbage
- 1/2 head shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat until hot (oil will start to "spider web"). *While we are primarily oil-free, we do use oil in this recipe to toast and saute the seeds for more authentic flavor.
- Add cumin, mustard, and fennel. Cook briefly until fragrant.
- Add cabbage, currants, water, and turmeric. Cover, and cook until cabbage is tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Salt & pepper to taste, and top with cashews.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
We hope you enjoy this quick and easy way to eat your cabbage. Stay VegInspired! Tag us @veginspired and #veginspiredfoodie
Kathy & John