Quinoa Salad Bowl with Orange Tahini Dressing
This dish was inspired by a very delicious meal at the Sentient Bean Cafe in Savannah, Georgia, which we visited while on vacation. Full of savory quinoa, vegetables and dressed with a sweet and tangy tahini sauce. This bowl does not disappoint. Enjoy!
- 3 C cooked quinoa, cooked in veggie broth if desired
- 8 oz tempeh, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 14 oz can great northern or other white beans
- Spinach, or your favorite greens
- Avocado, sliced or diced
- Red bell pepper, sliced or diced
- 1/4 C rice vinegar
- 2 tablepoon soy sauce
- 1 tablepoon agave syrup
- 1-2 tablepoon of raw sunflower seed
- Orange Tahini Dressing, see below
- Whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, and agave syrup until combined.
- Stir into tempeh and marinate for an hour.
- Sauté the tempeh in a nonstick pan over medium heat until browned.
- Mix the quinoa, beans, and tempeh. Serve piled high on a bed of spinach and top with dressing, sunflower seeds, pepper, and avocado
Orange-Tahini Dressing: 1/4 C freshly squeezed orange juice; 1/4 C tahini; 2 T agave syrup; 1 T soy sauce. Whisk until combined.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This recipe for a Quinoa Salad Bowl with Orange Tahini Dressing was top notch! We have found these types of salad bowls to be a fun way to eat our starches and greens. This combination was perfect. We hope this recipe leaves you VegInspired.
Happy Meatless Monday!
Comment below and let us know how you like it.
Kathy & John