Rainbow Quinoa Salad
I always struggle trying to select my favorite vegan recipe to take to a potluck. I want to be sure that what I bring is sufficient enough for me, in case there are no other options, but also that it shows that vegan food is delish! This Rainbow Quinoa Salad was a winner!!
Another key feature of those potluck meals is its ability to withstand transport and hold up while on the buffet. The addition of the avocado at the time of serving is quick – just bring a knife and a spoon and you can cut, dice, and spoon it right onto your buffet dish! PERFECT!
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced (we used red)
- 1/3 cup of cilantro, minced
- 1 cup corn, we use frozen and just thaw it
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of lime juice, about 3-4 limes
- 4 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Avocado, diced - for serving
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve cold topped with avocado.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This recipe is great prepped ahead of time for quick and easy lunches or picnics. Making in? Share your pics on Instagram #veginspiredfoodie @veginspired.