One of the biggest surprises of living a vegan life is my new found love of tofu. Scrambled, baked, fried, mashed, marinated… the list of ways I have enjoyed tofu are endless. In this delicious vegan brunch recipe, we mix loads of veggies and spices with tofu to create a perfectly married vegan Southwestern Tofu Scramble served with some SERIOUS EATS “Best Roasted Potatoes Ever” (with an oil-free VegInspired twist – we basically cooked them on a parchment lined sheet pan and omitted the oil). Let’s not delay your breakfast, or you’ll have to call it brunch! (hahaha)
Southwestern Tofu Scramble
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 lb mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 14 oz blocks of firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- turmeric - enough to add the desired color to tofu
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet or paella pan, sauté peppers and onions on medium heat until soft
- Add zucchini and mushrooms and sauté until cooked through
- Stir in the cumin and chili powder
- Fold in the crumbled tofu, stir, and heat through
- Serve with some salsa and guacamole (and these SERIOUS EAT POTATOES!)
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 g
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
We hope this inspires you to add some veggies and tofu to your breakfast (brunch, lunch, or even dinner) meals. This recipe was incredible, but you can always change up the veggies to use what you have on hand. Happy Brunching!
Be sure to share pics of your version on social media and #veginspiredfoodie so we can find it!
Thanks again for your support! Until next time –
Eat More Plants and Live VegInspired!