Sweet paprika and flavorful No Evil Foods Chorizo come together in this Spanish Stew with Chorizo for a dynamic topping on Polenta. The creamy polenta with the savory stew is a winning pair on a chilly fall evening. When the leaves change and begin to fall, nights become longers, and Sundays filled with football, I know it is time for hearty and cozy meals like this one. Keeping with our grain theme, we opted for polenta as the base of this dish.
So why polenta? Well, polenta is a coarsely ground cornmeal that cooks into a creamy porridge substance and perfectly complemented the tomatoey stew. Think chili and cornbread, but a one bowl dish you can eat with a spoon. The Chorizo Sausage from No Evil Foods was a perfect match to this stew. It’s flavor and texture rendered just the right component to take this dish to the next level. Be sure to check out the No Evil products and see if you have then near you.
Spanish Stew with Chorizo
- 1 c Polenta , (we used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Bell peppers (we used a red and a green), chopped
- 1 c Red Wine, (optional)
- 1 28 oz can Tomatoes, whole, or diced
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 lbs Red potatoes, 1/2 - 1 inch dice
- 4 c Vegetable broth
- 1 10 oz package Vegan Chorizo , (we used No Evil Foods)
- 3/4 c green olives (we used garlicky green olives), roughly chopped
- Cook polenta according to package instructions
- Heat large (6qt) dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Saute onion and pepper.
- Add garlic and splash of water to prevent burning
- Gently add wine
- Add tomatoes, paprika, potatoes, and veggie broth; cook uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and stew has reduced
- Add chorizo and warm through, about 10 minutes
- Serve. Plate up your polenta with a heaping portion of This Spanish Style Stew. Top with olives.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 g
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I don’t know how you feel, but to me, a hearty stew on a brisk, fall day is just so cozy! This Spanish Stew with Chorizo could be made ahead and warmed for a pot-luck or meal-prepped for a week’s worth of tasty lunches. Be sure to tag us and #veginspirefoodie with your remake pictures. We love to see your creations and versions!
Until next time, eat more plants and live VegInspired.