Super Easy Quinoa Balls
Where are my pasta and “meatball” lovers? Okay, so you don’t have to currently love meatballs, but you did once, and you want them vegan and healthy, and full of protein (maybe?) Well, this recipe for our Super Easy Quinoa Balls is going to win you over.
Some nights call for a full Italian night! We had some leftover quinoa and a big batch of my mother in law’s pasta sauce, so naturally, we had to figure out how to use all these leftovers. Voilà…Super Easy Quinoa Balls! They are AMAZING! They held their shape, AND the flavor was fantastic. This recipe made about 12 quinoa balls. Oh, and the leftover quinoa balls were perfect for lunch the next day… so there is that good news as well. Enjoy!
The texture was spot on and the balls retained their shape, which is always a winning combination! We rolled them up and baked them to perfection using a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, cooked and minced
- 2/3 c panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c aquafaba (chickpea liquid)
- 1/2 c plant-based ricotta, we used the cauliflower/cashew filling from the Vegan for Everybody Cookbook
- 1 tbsp whole fennel seeds
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2. Mix ingredients thoroughly; form balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 3. Bake for 20 minutes
- 4. Serve on top of spaghetti all covered with sauce and Vegan Parmesan Cheese. (did you sing that, a little?)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Thanks for checking out our Super Easy Quinoa Balls! Please snap a pic and #VegInspiredfoodie on Social Media! We love to see your remakes!
Until next time, Eat More Plants & Live VegInspired!