Thai Mushroom Quinoa Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
Fresh, yet hearty this combination makes the perfect filling for the Thai Mushroom Quinoa Lettuce Wraps.
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos, vegetarian fish sauce, or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa, cooked
- 1 head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- 6 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 C orange juice
- Bibb lettuce, peanut slaw (recipe below), sriracha, and Thai sweet chili sauce for serving
- Mix the liquid aminos, sugar, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, and chili sauce.
- Sauté mushrooms over medium-high heat until lightly browned and soft.
- Stir in the sauce mixture, and then stir in the quinoa.
- Serve on lettuce wraps, and top with peanut slaw and sriracha and/or sweet chili sauce.
- Whisk all ingredients except cabbage, carrots, and cilantro.
- Toss with the cabbage, carrots, and cilantro.
We used Cook's Illustrated homemade vegetarian fish sauce recipe, made with dried shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, salt, and water. Liquid aminos are a close match to fish sauce. Soy sauce can be used in a pinch.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
These are a fresh and delicious dinner idea! Tag us @veginspired #veginspiredfoodie on Instagram with a pic when you try these (because you should try them)!