Holiday celebrations are not the same without food. We wanted to share some great vegan Easter sides to take or prep for your Easter Celebration. We tried out the Sweet and Smoky Tofu from Isa Chandra’s new book The Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook: Entertaining for Absolutely Every Occasion as the main dish and paired some VegInspired Scalloped Potatoes and a Green Spring Salad to complete the meal. It was delicious! Seriously, you need to try these scalloped potatoes. OMGosh! Grab your grocery list and add these ingredients for some perfect, vegan Easter Side Dishes.
Vegan Easter Sides
Serves four hungry folks
- 2.5 pounds of potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8″ round discs
- minced onion
- salt and pepper
- Cheddar Style Cashew Cheese (recipe linked) **We thinned this out with some of the cashew milk to get a nice drizzle.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees (same as the Tofu in Isa’s book)
- Lay one layer of prepped potatoes into an 8″ square baking dish
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme, and onions
- Continue layering with potatoes and spices alternating four – five layers depending on the size of your potatoes.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes
- Uncover and top with our Cheddar Style Cashew Cheese and bake an additional 15-30 minutes, depending on how close to 1/8″ your potato discs are.
- Optional – we topped with Louisville Vegan Jerky Unreal Bacon Bits.
Spring Green Salad
Simple, healthy, and tasty; a great addition to your vegan Easter! Base your ingredient amounts on how many people you’ll be serving.
- Mixed Greens
- Sliced Carrot
- Sliced Radishes
- Frozen Peas, thawed
- Finely Sliced Onion
- Sprouts (we grow our own, but you can purchase sprouts)
- Sliced Red Bell Pepper
- Red Wine Vinegar (Switch it up with a different vinegar -Balsamic, Rice Wine, flavored – be creative!)
- Dijon Mustard
- Agave Syrup, Maple Syrup, or Bee Free Honee
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix veggies together in a large bowl
- Put a small amount 1/2 to 1 tsp each of Dijon and syrup into a small bowl; whisk while drizzling in enough vinegar to coat the salad.
- Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing.
This combination of foods (the tofu, scalloped potatoes, and spring green salad) was just the right mix for a satisfying and cruelty-free Easter. We hope you and your family enjoy these delicious Vegan Easter Sides. Please take some pictures and share/tag us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.