Thanksgiving may be behind us, but we are entering the biggest baking time of the year. Pumpkin graces our palates starting when the national US-based coffee shop launches their signature PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) and usually stays through the dropping of the ball on New Year’s Eve. We enjoy pumpkin pies and pumpkin flavored goodies for weeks and then in a blink of an eye it’s gone, and we are on to conversation hearts and cinnamon candies (vegan versions of course).To keep it seasonal and to round out our Thanksgiving Recipes and Easy Vegan Thanksgiving Dishes we are sharing our Vegan No Bake Pumpkin Pie. This pie is a winner! Its delicious and creamy texture would allow this filing to be used a variety of desserts- parfaits, puddings, tarts, pancake stuffing, and the list continues.
Vegan No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Pie Crust, prepared according to directions - makes enough for a 9-inch pie We used Cook's Illustrated Fool Proof Pie Dough
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree, plain - not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/4 cup Tofutti cream cheese
- 1 cup almond milk* - we used homemade, blend 1C almond with 4 C water and 1 tsp agave syrup for 45 seconds, strain through a nut bag
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Process pumpkin puree with the vegan sour cream briefly until combined.
- In a small saucepan, whisk a small amount of almond milk at a time into the cornstarch to ensure there are no lumps; add the rest of the almond milk, sugar, salt, and spices.
- Heat almond milk mixture, frequently whisking, over medium heat until it has come to a simmer and thickened; off heat, whisk in the vanilla.
- While the food processor is running, slowly pour in the almond milk mixture and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared and baked pie dough, cover, and refrigerate.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This vegan pumpkin pie filling would taste great as a pumpkin pudding or layered parfait. Perhaps, granola, pumpkin pie filling, vegan whipped topping, and repeat. Hmmm, maybe I should make that this weekend in my cute “new to me” parfait glasses. Please share your photos and comments below, on Facebook www.facebook.com/veginspired, OR Instagram www.instagram.com/veginspired.
We wish you a happy, VegInspired baking season!