Well, it has been quite chilly up here in Western, Pennsylvania lately. Today’s post is a great alternative to that icy smoothie on cold days (or any day really). After a quick yoga practice this morning we decide an oatmeal bowl sounded better than a smoothie. This delicious vegan creation was thought up by John. We don’t cook the oatmeal. The organic rolled oats that we get soften just enough in the almond milk to taste perfect. This bowl gives you the morning jolt you need to conquer the world and have a productive day (we’ve been known to enjoy this for lunch to keep us going through a long day). Based on my calculations it is about 450-500 calories, so it is definitely a filling meal. I feel full and satisfied! 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
- We start with ½ cup of rolled oats, our favorite are Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter, John separates it into little blobs (the peanut butter bites are my fave!) 🙂
- 1 banana sliced
- 1-2 tablespoom of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa nibs, these are fantastic!
- Sprinkle in a few goji berries and a dash of cinnamon.
- Add ½ cup of almond milk, or your favorite on dairy milk – we like Califia Farms
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Dig in! You can adjust to taste, or you can change it up and add other fresh or dried fruits, different nut butter or whole/ sliced nuts. Have fun with it!
View our Youtube Video “Rawish Oatmeal Bowls” for more Oatmeal Inspiration!