Yes, you read that right! Drunken Pinto Beans. They are a thing, and they are delicious! We served them with taco shells, rice, lettuce, tomatoes, limes, and cilantro; oh and some Micheladas. DELISH! This would be a great accompaniment to your #tacotuesday or a Cinco De Mayo Party! They are drunken, so 21 and over only, please. Bust out the limes and hot sauce and give these Drunken Pinto Beans a try!
Drunken Pinto Beans
Yes, they are a thing and they are scrumptious! 21 and over, please!
- 2 cans pinto beans drained and rinsed
- small onion diced
- jalapeno minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup lager we used Tecate, but any good Mexican style lager will work (as always, don't cook with something you wouldn't drink)
- Splash of tequila
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and jalapeno in a 12 inche skillet over medium heat until soft; add garlic and cook briefly.
- Add the beans, beer, and tequila; cook until liquid has reduced but still a bit saucy.
- Add cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste.
Now and then we come up with a dish like this that involves all of our favorite things. In this case, it is beans, beer, and tequila. To top it off, we served it as tacos. We didn’t think it could have gotten any better, and then we added the Micheladas. Drunken Pinto Beans are sure to spice up your Meatless Monday or give your Taco Tuesday something to talk about!
Like a Bloody Mary - only with beer! Super flavorful, refreshing, and yummy!
- 1 mexican style lager we used Tecate
- Chalula Hot Sauce
- Agave syrup
- Lime Juice
- Put everything in a beer glass, top with beer and adjust according to your taste as needed.
Share your pics and comments on social media #veginspiredfoodie
Celebrate VegInspired Style!