Yes, you read that right! Drunken Pinto Beans. They are a thing, and they are delicious! We served them with taco shells, rice, lettuce, tomatoes, limes, and cilantro; oh and some Micheladas. DELISH! This would be a great accompaniment to your #tacotuesday or a Cinco De Mayo Party! They are drunken, so 21 and over only, please. Bust out the limes and hot sauce and give these Drunken Pinto Beans a try!
Drunken Pinto Beans
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- small onion, diced
- jalapeno, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup lager, we used Tecate, but any good Mexican style lager will work (as always, don't cook with something you wouldn't drink)
- Splash of tequila
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and jalapeno in a 12 inche skillet over medium heat until soft; add garlic and cook briefly.
- Add the beans, beer, and tequila; cook until liquid has reduced but still a bit saucy.
- Add cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Share your pics and comments on social media #veginspiredfoodie
Celebrate VegInspired Style!