3 Vegan Buddha bowl sauces that will knock your socks off and make you ask yourself, “when can I have another Buddha bowl?!” Oil free, vegan, plant based, texturally wonderful, and incredibly delicious, these sauces are a great compliment to your grain, bean, and veggie Buddha bowl. Grab your immersion (stick blender) and let’s get saucy!
Olive Balsamic Tapenade Sauce
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c water
- 1 Tsp of rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Blend with immersion blender until smooth
Tahini Herb Sauce
- 1/2 c tahini
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Blend with immersion blender until smooth (you may add additional water if necessary)
Carrot Miso Sauce
- 1 c carrots
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c white miso
- 1/4 c tahini
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 Tsp thyme
- Blend carrots and water with immersion blender until smooth
- Mix additional ingredients to desired consistency.
Buddha Bowls are a staple in our VegInspired kitchen! We start with a base of grains and greens, a combination of fresh (raw) vegetables and roasted or sauteed vegetables, and beans, and then top with a sauce or two or three. Oh and some avocado and sesame seeds (or hemp seeds or nuts). Just depends on what we have and what combination sounds good. We often prep our vegetables in advance, so our Buddha bowls are quick and easy on busy nights or for a delicious and nutritious lunch.
We hope these 3 Vegan Buddha Bowl sauces inspire you to create a tasty Buddha bowl. Be sure to snap a pic and share it on social media! #veginspiredfoodie
Thanks for your support!
Live VegInspired & Eat more Plants!