Do you love Chickpeas? Then we have a recipe for you!
When we lived in North Carolina, we used to go to this fantastic restaurant that had incredible crab cakes and remoulade. Paired with an excellent house salad, it was the perfect pre-vegan meal. For obvious reasons that wouldn’t be our choice for a meal today, so we decided to recreate these cakes using chickpeas. The texture and our flavor combinations were spot on, giving us a reminiscent yet cruelty-free version. Vegan food FTW! We ate these yummy Chickpea Cakes and a fork and we wrapped them up for a quick lunch. How do you like your Chickpea Cakes?
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained
- 10 saltine crackers, crushed
- 2-3 T vegan mayo
- 2 ribs of celery, diced fine
- 1/4 c lemon juice (more or less to taste)
- 1 t kelp granules
- 1 t old bay
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly mash chickpeas
- Mix ingredients into mashed chickpeas
- Form uniform patties in the desired size
- Cook in a pan over medium-high heat until browned on each side.
- Serve with a spicy mayo or quick remoulade
We hope you enjoy this tasty and easy recipe for Chickpea Cakes. These cakes are an incredibly versatile meal! You can make a bunch and eat them over rice or grains, in a sandwich or wrap, on a salad, or just on their own. Makes for quick dinners and grab and go lunches. Snap a pic and share with us on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook @veginspired.
Thanks and Eat more Plants,