OH MAN! You don’t want to scroll by these 5 Delicious Recipes for a Hearty Vegan Breakfast! This is breakfast fit for a king, a lumberjack, or a very hungry vegan who recipe tested through breakfast and ate this fantastic platter at lunchtime. What is extra special, these aren’t just vegan; they are oil free too! Wahoo! From the creaminess of the Mushroom “Sausage” Gravy to the savory Yolk sauce… these 5 delicious recipes will have you craving breakfast for every meal. This biscuits and gravy recipe took us right back to a North Carolina breakfast! Happy Breakfasting!
- 1 pound mushrooms trimmed & quartered
- 2 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 C raw cashews plus water to equal 1 C total blended until liquified
- 1 T dried sage
- 1 1/2 t fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp fresh ground fennel seed
- Salt to taste
Sauté mushrooms over medium heat in a large skillet until liquid has released, dried up, and mushrooms are browned
Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally (it will thicken further off heat); salt to taste
- 1/2 C water
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T lemon juice
- unsweetened almond milk roughly 2/3 cup
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper
Whisk flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl
Blend 1/2 cup water and chia seeds on high and pour into 1 cup measuring container, set aside
Add 1 T of lemon juice to chia mixture
Add enough almond milk to lemon and chia mixture to bring to 1 cup of liquid.
Gently fold liquid into dry refraining from over mixing; knead gently until combined, adding flour as necessary to prevent sticking
Drop into 6 equal piles onto the parchment lined baking sheet
Bake for 5 minutes at 450 degrees, and then rotate pan and reduce oven temp to 400. Bake another 13-15 minutes.
- 1 pound of potatoes diced 1/2"
- 1/2 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and preheat baking sheet
Sauté onions and peppers in a dry pan over medium heat until soft; add a splash of water as needed to prevent sticking
Line baking sheet with parchment and spread potatoes in even layer on baking sheet; season with salt and pepper
Bake for 20 minutes
Using a spatula, gently stir potatoes and then stir in peppers and onions, bake until browned - another 15 minutes
Remove from oven and sprinkle with garlic powder to taste.
Baked Tofu (& Yolk Sauce)
- 2 blocks of firm tofu, drained
- Yolk Sauce Recipe (get it here)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut tofu into planks and season with salt and pepper, we also added 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joes
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and return to oven for another 20-30 minutes. You want the outer texture to be firm and dry, while the inside is still soft.
- 2 C unsweetened almond milk
- 2 C water
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 C grits or polenta
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 Tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper or to taste
Bring almond milk and water to a boil
Slowly add grits while whisking; add salt
Cook on low, covered, until thick and creamy - about 15 minutes
Remove from heat and stir in nutritional yeast, onion powder, and pepper.
We hope you enjoy these 5 Delicious Recipes for a Hearty Vegan Breakfast. Mix and match or make the whole shebang to feed all those vegan Lumberjacks in your life! Be sure to let us know if you share a pic on Social Media of your rendition and #veginspiredfoodie.
Until next time, Eat more Plants and Live VegInspired!