That first warm day after a blustery Pennsylvania winter has me craving grilled foods. I love grilling season. Sitting on the back deck with a cold beverage while the VegInspiredChef tends to our grilling foods brings such joy to my life. I enjoy the enhanced flavor of grilled veggies on a summer night. I enjoy parties, potlucks, and picnics with grilled vegetables. We know that not every gathering you’ll attend offers the grilled vegan options, so we are bringing you the best Grilled Potato Salad you’ll ever have. Want to grab some inspo on Surviving Cookouts? Read this: Surviving Non-Vegan Cookouts & Picnics. We mixed it up with an oil-free Chimichurri Vinaigrette to further enhance those grilled flavors and create a whole food plant based dish. The flavor balance is stupendous!
The Veggies and Potatoes
We steamed our potatoes before grilling to ensure the perfect texture in the salad. After that, we skewered them up (using the best skewers ever, they are flat, so your vegetables don’t rotate) and grilled them with some peppers, onions, zucchini, and summer squash creating the perfect combination of vegetables and starch to give you a satisfying and satiating summer salad.
Want More East Plant-Based Recipes?
Snag my NEW cookbook!
What the heck is Chimichurri?
Chimichurri is a thick parsley-based sauce that accompanies grilled meats. To make it work in this recipe, we thinned it with a nice acidic vinegar to create a bright vinaigrette!
The result of this Grilled Potato Salad was out of this world. It was so good we ate it for lunch and dinner! We know you’ll love this for your next party, potluck, picnic or your next meal! We served it cold, and it was perfection!
Grilled Potato Salad with Chimichurri Vinaigrette
Full Recipe below. Prefer to watch us make it? Click on our Grilled Potato Salad Recipe Video.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt to taste, we used about 1/8 teaspoon
- 2 pounds red potatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- Whisk chimichurri vinaigrette ingredients and set aside
- Steam Potatoes for 10-15 minutes until knife tender.
- Preheat Grill to Medium High
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini and squash lengthwise and then into 1" "half-moons"
- Cut Bell Pepper into large "slabs" (see video for this)
- Cut red onion into 1" rings
- Skewer vegetables with cut sides out, so you can get nice grill marks on the flesh part of the vegetables
- Grill for 3-4 minutes per side
- Cut Potatoes, pepper, and onion into bite size pieces
- Add grilled vegetables to a large mixing bowl and mix with Chimichurri Vinaigrette. Serve Cold.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Be sure to snap a photo of your remake of this Grilled Potato Salad and share with us on Social Media @veginspired #veginspiredfoodie. We love to see your creations.
Eat More Plants!