Pasta? Taco? Taco Pasta? How about Taco Bolognese? A thick “meaty” sauce full of nutrients, seasoned with taco seasoning, and piled high on some pasta! If you love all things pasta and tacos, this recipe is for you! So grab your favorite pasta and let’s get cookin’ up some Taco Bolognese!
Yes, you read that correct taco flavored goodness served atop pasta! WINNER!
- 1 16oz box pasta, we used rigatoni (cooked according to package)
- 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein) (Bob's Redmill, reconstituted using package directions)
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed 1/2"cubes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups water (or enough to submerge the squash)
- lettuce/spinach, shredded
- grape tomatoes, halved
Add tomatoes, black beans, squash, seasoning, and water to a large saute pan or pot; bring to a simmer, cover, and simmer until squash is tender, 20-30 minutes. Adjust consistency by adding water or removing lid to reduce the liquid.
Serve on pasta with toppings.
Before you enter carb/taco food coma, be sure to snap a pic and share on social media #veginspirefoodie. This winning dinner is a veginspired favorite, and we can’t wait to see your recreations.
Do you love tacoey foods as much as we do? Grab some more VegInspired Taco dishes like our Oil-Free, Vegan, Layered Taco Dip, Easy Vegan Taco Bowl, 5 Vegan Cinco de Mayo Recipes You’ll Love, or Chorizo & Black Bean Nachos with Salsa and Guacamole. Yup, we’ve got you covered.
Eat More Plants!